Parlez-vous français?

June 15, 2010

Summer's Here!!! (finally)

So wow it has been a crazy month.  I feel like I haven't had a second to breath.  First it was the dreaded exam week, probably the only bad thing about being in college.  Then right away I started training for my new job.  That weekend I made the yearly journey to HOBY in Oshkosh, WI.  Then I started summer classes.  Yes I do feel like my life is run, run, run, crash, run, run, run, crash.

Finally I am done with classes and can enjoy my summer.  It has been really damp and rainy the past week and a half but I have decided to post a list of reasons why I love that it is now summer/things I am excited to do this summer.

1. Brewers Baseball!
Yes I realize that baseball season (the greatest season of them all) starts in March/April and yes I have been watching the games since they started airing them, but now I get to watch them guilt free.

2. No Classes!
Ok again this was not true for the first three weeks when I had to struggle through a 3 hour finance class but now it is over and I don't have to stress over it (ask me again how I feel once grades are posted)

3. Free Time
I have a decent amount of free time.  Yes I work 40 hours a week including weekends and don't get me wrong I LOVE my job, especially meeting all my new friends.  Now however when I come home at night I get to just chill.

4. High School Movie Nights at the Terrace...need I say more.

5. Australia
Hopefully I will get the chance to travel with my dad in Australia at the end of the summer.  The tickets aren't booked yet but I'm still hopeful!

6. The Great Urban Race
I have been a fan of the Amazing Race for a long time.  I have always wanted to compete on the television show.  This is my first step.  It is the Amazing Race on a smaller scale and will take place in Madison on the 26th.  I am competing with my co-supervisor for the summer and look forward to some quality bonding time!

Well that's all, hopefully I will have more frequent updates now that I have more free time!

A tout a l'heure!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment