Parlez-vous français?

April 24, 2010

"Paris was about to change everything..."


I sit here writing this post on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  I am currently being a bum and watching a marathon of The Hills on MTV.  The episode on right now is the season 3 trip to Paris for Lauren and Whitney.

Every time I see a TV show or a movie where the characters go to Paris it makes me nostalgic for my trip four years ago to France and anxious for the next time I will get to go.  In this episode, Lauren and Whitney are in Paris for a business trip.  The are covering the Crillion Ball for Teen Vogue.  Lauren is excited to go but sad that she is leaving behind a boy.  She is quoted saying, "But I had a feeling Paris was about to change everything".

One thing I hate about media portrayals of Paris is the cliches of love, adventure, and "finding yourself" in Paris. 

I am extremely jealous of Lauren and Whitney, watching them travel around the city I love, shopping, eating, meeting boys, and having fun, I know that soon I will make my way back to Paris!  Next time I go, I am totally going to buy a bottle of champagne and pop it under the Eiffel Tower, hopefully with some cute guy or my best friends!

A tout a l'heure!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment